Re: Re: Re: [ga] Proposal for mailing list policy

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> This has already been clarified, so I don't need to go over it, except
> to tell you that I bet that the technique of trying to paralyze the
> Canadian Government with a flood of faxes will be applied here, it's
> just a matter of time and to find a good excuse.

Your either a liar - and you certainly don't know my business well enough
to comment on it.  I will assume however that the language barrier caused
you to be misinformed.

Faxing the canadian government (in fact it was the Ontario) government was
nothing more then a regular communication session.  back then I used
government fax machines like email.  these days i just send the whole lot
of them email.  Like my new "If you Don't Buy ICANN - Don't Buy
IBM" campaign.  I have selected over 80,000 civil servants for
that.  Email is much better then fax machines for those type of
actions.  They take it more personally - as you all do, and they respond
more appropriately.  it's like training seals with fish.

> So, we can try the iper-liberal approach, but I am aware that, in case
> of a similar emergency, we must take a similar decision.
> The iper-freedom for a few cannot be the denial of service to the
> majority.

that was not a denial of service attack.  After asking the DNSO-LIst admin
repreatedly why I was not posting to the list, and getting no reply, I
decided to test using everybody else email address.  You can strick that
one on an absent admin, or an admin who is a coward.  At the least, he
failure to reply amounted to my test.

I suggest you retract you accusation of denial of service attack, and I
ask that you advise the Names Council to also retract that reference from
the official record.  Because such accusations amount to liable and
slander.

> Anybody else willing to comment?

It's your turn now - as a member of the NC and our chair, you've just made
a faux paux.  Let's see if you know how to retract.

Regards
Joe Baptista