Re: [ga] Proposal for mailing list policy

Alex,

You wrote:

> Why can't there be two (or more) lists?  The uncensored list, which
would
> be the "official" record, and a "filtered" list (or more than one),
where
> everyone who uses that list agrees to the filter rules *by the very
act
> of subscribing to the list*.  That way you can have a Williams/
Baptista
> free list for those who don't wish to use personal filters, and an
open
> list for those of us who choose to filter using to our own particular
> idiosyncracies (which may or may not be the same as general opinion).

If you have chosen not to filter me as well ;>), you know that I agree
with this approach.

The advantage of this mechanism on the individual filter is that
it does not require "resources" of any kind from the user's part.

Neither human resources (the filter is updated "automatically" as the
situation evolve and the clones multiply, pretty much like an antivirus
software update), nor bandwidth/client resources at the user's site.

> Just set these up, and let's get the ball rolling.  It's done with
IETF,
> it works.

Indeed.
It's also done by Paul Vixie for anti-spam protection.

Regards
Roberto