Re: Re: [ga] Proposal for mailing list policy

With all the time and effort we have spent discussing this issue, I tend to
think that even proponents of filtered lists should be getting tired of the
debate by now.

I would only read an unfiltered list. If theres a filtered one dont even bother
subscribing me.  I like to do my own filtering, do it dynamically, and accept
the consequences of anything I miss potentially affecting me.

Dan Steinberg
Synthesis: Law & Technology
+1 613.794.5356

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law wrote:
>
> > [excuse the telegraphic style - I am away from home on a slow link and
> > editing is hard.]
> >
> > On the subject of an archive:
> >
> > Take me as an example.  I would probably read the filtered list routinely.
> > But if someone tells me that there is censorship going on, I would look at
> > the archive of the unfiltered list.
>
> FWIW, I am in complete agreement with Michael on this issue.
>
> Creating two lists, a filtered and unfiltered list answers everyones
> concerns. The disruptive and seemingly mentally unstable will have a forum
> to particpate in, those that believe any sort of constraints on nasty
> and disruptive behaviour constitutes censorship will be happy, and
> the rest of us can simply subscribe to the filtered version of the list.

This message was sent using Travel-Net Web Mail.
http://www.travel-net.com/