Re: [ga] FYI

At 02:38 13.01.00 -0500, WmsPtur@aol.com wrote:

>     Then, I received the gloating message, apparently from Mr. Baptista,
> that
>read:
>
> >Date:  01/04/2000 11:42:35 AM Mountain Standard Time
> >From:  roberto.gaetano@voila.fr (Roberto Gaetano)
> >
>     It would seem from the headers contained on this message from the
>redoubtable Mr. "Baptista", that he really is Mr. Gaetano.  This is all
>getting very confusing.

Rest assured that there is a difference between Baptista and Gaetano....
when people attempt to circumvent blocks, there tends to be a period of
time when someone has found a path past the block that isn't blocked yet.

The possible solutions to this are:

- to block the path
- to convince the person attempting the circumvention that it is not in
   his best interest to continue.

Attempting the first one means that each new path found leads to at least
one more message getting to the list that shouldn't have.

The initial filter set to comply with Roberto Gaetano's request was
bypassed; after this, there have been no further challenges to the filter
rules, and Baptista has gone back to posting in his own name.
So I guess the second option was successful.....

                    Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no