[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ga] The Jeff Williams filter
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [ga] The Jeff Williams filter
- From: Jeff Williams <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:00:39 -0800
- CC: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>, "Alejandro Pisanty, DGSCA y FQ, UNAM" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andrew Pincus <APincus@doc.gov>, Becky Burr <email@example.com>, commerce <firstname.lastname@example.org>, DNSO Listadmin <DNSO.Listadmin@dnso.org>, Elloit Maxwell <email@example.com>, Eric Menge <Eric.Menge@sba.gov>, Esther Dyson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, George Conrades <email@example.com>, james tierney <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jane Coffin <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>, "Joe (Virus Laden Web Page Expert) Sims" <Joe_Sims@jonesday.com>, Larry Irving <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Linda Wilson <email@example.com>, "Louis L. Touton" <Louis_L._Touton@jonesday.com>, Louis Touton <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "vinton g. cerf - ISOC" <vcerf@MCI.NET>, William Daley <email@example.com>
- Organization: INEGroup Spokesman
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Harald and all,
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> I have investigated the filtering of messages from Jeff Williams on the
> GA mailing list.
> The facts seem to be as follows:
First of all Harald, these are not Facts, but supposition. Can you prove
any of these statements? I am quite sure you cannot. Please refrain form
making false statements in the future. It is bad form, and displays poor
> - In August, multiple people asked for the removal of Jeff Williams from the
> list, because he was posting a multitude of messages, seemingly without
> contributing any sense to the discussion.
This is an opinion, not a fact, Harald. Please site any or all of those
messages that are not contributory in nature. If not, than this is
just a smear job.
> - After extensive documentation of the Jeff Williams phenomenon had been
> sent to the list manager, Jeff Williams' ability to post to the list
> was removed.
Why was I not informed? Who sent this "Information"? What was it's
nature? Why when I ask the list admin over 15 times, was I never once
replied to regarding this SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP?
> - Three more email addresses, all suspected of being used by Jeff Williams,
> have also been denied posting rights.
"Suspected" is correct. But they obviously are not used by me.
> These addresses were blocked administratively.
> Since the list is now discussing what the right ruleset for the list is,
> it seems appropriate to remove those blocks.
> Harald T. Alvestrand
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
Contact Number: 972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208