[ga] Clarification concerning the copyright.

Clarification concerning the copyright.

In http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc03/msg00116.html
Marc C. Langston writes:
"The work is mine, and regardless of the copyright the DNSO sees fit to
but at the bottom of the list pages, the work remains mine, I do not
surrender my copyright."

The DNSO does not claim any intellectual rights to any author's writings
-- it cannot under the French law, which gives to every author
the strongest possible protection on that matter.
In France nobody and never can take away the intellectual property right
attached to anybody cultural creation (which includes any texts),
and there is even no necessity to register it in any place --
the intellectual right exists since the moment of creation.
The author cannot sell or give away his intellectual property rights
-- he can sell or give the rights of publishing, but his creation
remains attached to him forever. It is a part of so called French cultural
exception -- culture is different from other goods.

To indicate on the Internet that texts (creations) are under
strong French protection we are told to add the word or sign "copyright"
on websites, and therefore suggest to everybody that to each text (creation)
are attached the corresponding author's intellectual rights.

This is the meaning of "copyright" on the dnso.org website.

DNSO Secretariat