[ga] Re: Who's got the drugs

     Mr.  Baptista,

     Thank you for your email and voice mail alerting me to your findings
     as provided below.  As you may know, on October 1, of 1997, the United
     States General Services Administration assumed registration authority
     of the DOT-GOV domain name space.  Network Solutions, the previous
     keeper and manager of this domain, would occasionally grant a request
     like the one below not knowing if in fact the request met the
     requirements for the domain.  A few have requests have been granted
     and were given domain names.  We refer to these as "Grandfathered"
     domain names since they approved prior to October 1, 1997.

     Since the US GSA has taken over as manager of the domain I can assure
     you that we have not allowed a single request from any Government
     outside of the United States to register within the domain. We still
     receive several requests from all around the world but we scrutinize
     each one before deciding action.

     To answer your question; No, I can not allow you a domain name within
     the DOT-GOV name space since you do not represent a valid United
     States Government organization listed within the United States
     Government Manual.  And I can't help you in your search for drugs
     either.

     Regards,
     Gary Borgoyne
     Domain Manager