Re: [ga] nTLD going gTLD

On 04-Jan-2000 vany@sdnp.org.pa wrote:
> Mr. Pawlo:
>
> I think that the concern isn't the allowance of registering domains under
> a ccTLD to  foreign people.  The really concern, in my opinion is having
> the adminstrative and/or technical management of such ccTLD outside the
> country to which such ccTLD belongs.

Who are you to tell them how to manage their TLD, of that they cannot use
an outside domain management company to manage the TLD?  Why do you get to make
this decision for them?  Who are you to decide this is a bad thing?

> It is not fair, for example, that .MD ccTLD is being used, sold,
> promoted and marketed, as gTLD for Medics and proffesional of medicine,
> when this one in fact is a ccTLD, even when also is used for people
> in Moldova to identify themselves as Moldovians in Internet.

Why is it not fair?  What is not fair about it?  Sounds to me like you want to
place rules on what these registries can and cannot do.  ICANN has to be very
careful going down that road, as it is subject to US Law in those matters, and
unfair restraint of trade can bring ICANN to it's knees.

--
William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
DSo Networks  http://dso.net/