Re: [ga] Reducing the noise level

At 06:11 AM 12/20/1999 , Dan Steinberg wrote:
>Since roughly half my mail goes out as dstein@vrx.net you would be
>filtering me as well.  I trust this is not the desired intent (and yes
>this is really me).

The organized spam-blocking activities have noted that some service
providers operate in a manner which essentially encourages (ie, too easily
permit) spamming.  Hence the filtering is done in broad strokes, for the
entire service.

I believe that the pattern of problems from vrx.net (and I haven't
previously mentioned the privately spoofed mail using my own address)
warrants such a broad stroke in this case.

Alas, yes, that will also filter serious participants coming from that
service.  That is why this sort of filtering should not be sought lightly.

d/

=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker  <dcrocker@brandenburg.com>
Brandenburg Consulting  <www.brandenburg.com>
Tel: +1.408.246.8253,  Fax: +1.408.273.6464
675 Spruce Drive,  Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA