Re: [ga] Enough private replies...

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 12:51:46AM +0100, Mikael Pawlo wrote:
> Thanks for all your private replies. Baptista has really created his own
> little space in the public mind of domain thinkers.
>
> Yes, yes, yes - I know Baptista has offended lot's of people, me included,
> but it's not very interesque to shut out people forever from supposedly
> open, public discussions. And ICANN must be the most interesque forum
> online.

I think it is safe to say, however, that most people do not share your
sentiments.

You seem to have missed the fact that it is not just being offensive
that is at issue -- Baptista has actually engaged in destructive
mailbomb attacks on the list, actions that in some jurisdictions are
illegal.  Such actions certainly merit a permanent ban.  Personally, I
think they merit legal action -- Canada, in particular, has laws
against such actions.

So I suggest instead that we creat a ga_unfiltered list, with a completely
open policy, allowing anyone who wants to subscribe to it do so, and
that we add the following patterns to both the "taboo_body" and
"taboo_header" configurations of all other dnso/icann lists:

/Baptista/i

That way anyone who wants to discuss "censorship" with "Mr X" can do
so in a completely unfiltered forum.  You can join, and report back all
the interesting insights you gain from "Mr X".

Kent