Re: [ga] Reducing the noise level

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 09:11:40AM -0500, Dan Steinberg wrote:
> > > That leaves the requirement for the rest of us to filter all mail from
> > > vrx.net.
> >
> > Since roughly half my mail goes out as dstein@vrx.net you would be
> > filtering me as well.  I trust this is not the desired intent (and yes
> > this is really me).
>
> You can send your mail from travel-net.

So I and the other people on vrx.net that also occasionally post to
lists dealing with domain name issues are supposed to change our
e-mail accounts just because you ask us to???? People have various
reasons for using multiple e-mail accounts and I won't bore
listmembers with the details. We can debate this all you want but I
doubt you will convince me that your need is sufficient for me to
change the way I do business.

In practical terms, the effect of filtering me is negligible since I
rarely post here in the first place. I just raised the issue as a
question of principle. I would also like to point out that as usual,
people dealing with the noise level manage to send almost as many
messages about dealing with the noise as the actual noise they
perceive in the first place and this post is in itself a contribution
to the noise level.

--
Dan Steinberg

SYNTHESIS:Law & Technology