Re: [ga] Reducing the noise level

On 20-Dec-1999 Dan Steinberg wrote:

> Kent Crispin wrote:

>> > Since roughly half my mail goes out as dstein@vrx.net you would be
>> > filtering me as well.  I trust this is not the desired intent (and yes
>> > this is really me).
>>
>> You can send your mail from travel-net.
>
> So I and the other people on vrx.net that also occasionally post to
> lists dealing with domain name issues are supposed to change our
> e-mail accounts just because you ask us to???? People have various
> reasons for using multiple e-mail accounts and I won't bore
> listmembers with the details. We can debate this all you want but I
> doubt you will convince me that your need is sufficient for me to
> change the way I do business.

Actually, Dan, you are mistaken.  It is not our need that that will make that
decision for you.  It is your need to continue being a participant that will
make that for you.  The decision to change providers or not continue to
participate is one only you can make, or instead you could apply pressure on
the errant provider to do the right thing, and correct the issue so that their
users are not inconvenienced further.

People have various reasons for blocking mail from certain networks, and this
one is a valid one.

--
William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
DSo Networks  http://dso.net/