RE: [ga] Time to put Baptista online

Forgery, outside the computer world, is "the crime of creating a false
document, altering a document, or writing a false signature for the
illegal benefit of the person making the forgery."

While I think computer forgery is in most cases (including this one) a bad
thing, and a sign of poor judgment, I don't see an "illegal benefit" here
under US law, at least.

Although my first choice would be to teach people how to use procmail or
the like, and waste less time on this subject, I would support the
creation of parallel "filtered" and "unfiltered" lists, and the
publication of clear guidelines as to what will be filtered, combined with
some maximum time limit for the application of filtering.  I would also
like to see some thought given to formalizing the means by which the
person administering the policy is chosen.

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> The official line is the "ReplyTo" and that is forged as well as the "From".
> Anyone sending a reply, does not send it to Joe, they go to the one whose
> name he is forging. Joe also self-incriminates in one of the forged
> messages. He calls it forgery himself. His messages are misrepreseing
> themselves to my mail system, ergo it is a forgery, regardless of what Joe
> says in the text body.

                        -->It's warm here.<--