Re: [ga] Unfair?

> >     If there are specific cases of consumer fraud associated with some
> > domain name being performed, there are reasonably good laws and
> > mostly functional courts that already address that behavior.
>
> Within the context of a given country, perhaps.  But in a global
> context, such laws and functional courts don't exist.

In other words, one should have an utterly non representative
supranational government (ICANN) run by a closed oligarchy that creates an
international rule of law because some few countries might not protect
their citizens from fraudulant sellers?

We are hearing that ICANN should be imposed on us in order to provide
government-like rules to protect those who live in countries where we
don't fee that the protections are adequate.  How quaint, how
condescending, how imperialistic.

I would imagine in this paternalistic drive that somebody might notice
that the *only* place where those consumers can say something about all of
this is in the DNSO/GA.  And as we all know, the DNSO/GA has no power
whatsoever in the making of domain name policy.

Somehow, I don't trust protection of the chickens when it is being
advocated by the fox.

		--karl--