Re: [ga] Unfair?

At 09:04 17.12.99 -0800, Karl Auerbach wrote:

>I would imagine in this paternalistic drive that somebody might notice
>that the *only* place where those consumers can say something about all of
>this is in the DNSO/GA.  And as we all know, the DNSO/GA has no power
>whatsoever in the making of domain name policy.

A few other places where the consumers can say something about all this:

- Hyde Park Corner
- Mail, phone, fax and email to Congressmen and other people of presumed power
   (or to each other)
- The usual mass media outlets (if you can get past *their* filters)
- Consumers' organizations (same comments)

But you do have a point:
The GA (as represented by this list) is *at the moment* the only place
*within the ICANN organization* that has no filters (except for the well
known SELECTIVE CENSORSHIP).

That may have something to do with our seeming inability to act effectively.

                    Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no