Re: [ga] 24 hours from now...

On 10-Dec-1999 Joop Teernstra wrote:
> At 15:30 9/12/99 -0800, Rick H Wesson wrote:
>>
>>Joop,
>>
>>the lack of voting in either voting booths has more to do with interface
>>design than desire to leave e-mail to go some place to vote.
>>
>>I suggest creating a e-mail based voting technology rather than a web
>>based one, you'll probably get more participation.
>>

> The Web based interface has the advantage that everyone can check on the
> results at any time.

It would be a trivial matter to add an automatic webpage result updating system to Kent's
Votebot software, that would resolve this "concern."

And best of all, it doesn't require any proprietary software or licenses, and nor does it
require that anyone contract with the "consulting" company that is running the software.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934