Re: [ga] Reuters: Net name dispute body gets first case

At 02:38 07.12.99 -0800, idno@tallship.net wrote:
>Gee,
>
>Hit a nerve there I guess. Sorry you're an agnostic Ken. I really didn't
>mean to upset anyone with what I felt was good news. I used to think that
>mandatory non-binding arbitration was a good way to get parties in dispute
>into a room and "hash it out", so to speak before going to the courts.

Careful - according to the lawyers at WIPO, the term "non-binding
arbitration" does not exist. Arbitration means giving away your rights to
go to court.

That's why the UDRP is *not* called arbitration.

>was not aware of the indifference the courts had towards actions that had
>been previously aribited.

Not only indifference - positive hostility. By law.

              Harald A

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no