Re: [ga] Two things troubling me with the GA Chair elections...

At 10:16 07.12.99 -0800, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> > One thing's for sure - if the experience of the GA is any guide, someone
> > will have to organize the at-large constituency.
> >
> > We've proved pretty well that self-organizing in the open doesn't work.
>
>Actually the IETF demonstrates that it can work if the conditions are
>right and that the interests are roughly aligned.

And the initial core set fits around a single dinner table.
Check http://www.ietf.org/meetings/past.meetings.html - the first IETF
meeting had 21 participants.

Unlike the DNSO, it did not start out big.

                     Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no