Re: [ga] Two things troubling me with the GA Chair elections...

> One thing's for sure - if the experience of the GA is any guide, someone
> will have to organize the at-large constituency.
>
> We've proved pretty well that self-organizing in the open doesn't work.

Actually the IETF demonstrates that it can work if the conditions are
right and that the interests are roughly aligned.

The destablising force that I believe we have here is the ready creation
of artificial loons coupled with the almost complete lack of face to face
contact.

An at-large convention - a physical gathering - would perhaps be "a good
thing" in this regard.  [Given the geographic issues it could be somewhat
more complicated, but no more so than how political parties organized in
the US in the 19th century when travel was much harder than it is now.]

		--karl--