Re: [ga] Proof of Identification

>At 13:26 06.12.99 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:
>
>>That works fine for most countries, but not for all.  Many have strange
>>banking laws (including India) that could make this difficult, expensive,
>>or impossible for some.
>
>The fee for cashing an US check in a Norwegian bank is around USD 8.
>I've got no reason to believe the fee in the other direction is smaller.

Harald, that Euro/US centric statement earns you the invitation to
mailme@youdontknowjackshit.com

Consider youself one of the privileged few.

You need to take a trip to the Tokelaus (.tk) to get a different
perspective. Put aside a fair bit of time though, as the boat only does the
trip once every 12 weeks, so that's your minimum stay. Don't forget your
modem, you'll have to call International to get a Net connection.

Andrew P. Gardner
Support the Cyberspace Association, the constituency of Individual Domain
Name Owners http://www.idno.org