Re: [ga] Proof of Identification

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 06:57:35AM -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
[ interesting discussion of banking and other matters ]

> Hard problem to solve well.   I wish I had easy solutions, but I
> don't. and I suspect that easy solutions don't exist.   That
> tuns the question into whether there is a less precise and more
> sloppy system with which we can live.   And, there, I'd suggest
> that web of trust models might work adequately, especially if we
> start with the understanding that a few errors of both inclusion
> and exclusion are almost inevitable.

It's good that we are having this discussion, but the problem of
identification is only one of many that faces on-line voting as a
means of decision making.  It would be just as easy to pack the GA
with 1000 real people who would all vote a particular way.