RE: [ga] Extension of Deadline?

Eric,

Sorry for the delay of the answer.
Actually, I am against an extension of the deadline (but that does not mean
much, because I think that this phase has been closed anyhow).

I believe that we should now think on how to express the support on the
candidates that will be nominated, as I suppose that the NC may determine
the *number* of candidates to be forwarded, but not necessarily the voting
rules.

You proposed:

> 1.  I move that Roberto Gaetano serve as temporary chair for
> the purpose of
> conducting votes prior to the appointment of a permanent
> chair by the NC.
>
> 2.  I move that we conduct a vote by STV to determine how we
> shall propose one
> or more candidates for permanent chair of the GA to the NC.

Among other things, I could not serve as Interim GA-Chair for such a vote,
because I am strongly biased on the outcome: I already expressed that I am
in favour of a number of candidates between three and five, and I could not
be objective.

> 3.  I move that Kent Crispen and Karl Auerbach develop a
> voting mechanism to be
> used in the elections we conduct and assure their integrity.

I am not sure I understand.

Are you talking about the mechanism to express the support to the
candidates, so that the "most voted" will be passed to NC, and the checking
of potential fraudolent behaviour?

If it is this, I agree in principle. Will K&K agree to jointly develop a
voting system that will stay within the boundaries that the NC will decide?
Tough question now, when we don't know yet the boundaries, I think.

Regards
Roberto