Re: [ga] Proposals received for Nominations for the election of a Chair to the GA

On 20 November 1999, d3nnis <d3nnis@mciworld.com> wrote:

>Dear DNSO Secretariat --
>
>You said, in essence " We told you on Sep. 19 that you have a problem at your
>end with multiple
>message id's that prevent you from posting."
>
>You neglected to mention that I reported to your that my ISP (MCI) shot that e
>xplanation down. They
>have only one ID -- and the problem is at your end.

Errr..actually, Dennis, what she said was that your mailer software's
broken.  Your mailer software is *supposed* to generate uniqe Message-ID:
headers for every message you send.  Instead, it's generating the *same*

The archiving software they use, MHOnArc, correctly uses that header to
prune the archives and save space, because there's no reason to assume
multiple unique messages would have identical Message-ID: headers.  But
yours do, and the archiving software ignores it.

It's not a problem with MHOnArc, it's a problem with your mailer software.
That's broken behavior.

--
Mark C. Langston
mark@bitshift.org