Re: [ga] GA representation on the Names Council

--On Wednesday, November 17, 1999, 17:50 -0300 Raúl  Echeberría
<raul@inia.org.uy> wrote:

> I believe that your proposal is very interesting, but I´m not
> sure if it is the time to this kind of proposals now.
>
> I think that the most important is the Chair election and work
> with the Chair to improve the GA work in order to give the GA
> members a useful tool to propose  and discuss different
> important DNSO related topics.

I agree.  I have observed that we have several people who seem
determined to block or paralyze the Chair selection process
until they see the GA as having a voice on the NC.  This
proposal is worth considering before the Chair selection only if
it is needed to get things unblocked.   If it is unnecesary to
make progress, or insufficient to help things get unblocked,
then it should certainly be postponed if not abandoned.

    john