Re: [ga] GA representation on the Names Council

--On Wednesday, November 17, 1999, 13:41 -0800 Jeff Williams
<jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>  In the interests of fairness, the secretariat
>> should add everyone who has been excluded from the list within
>> the next month for antisocial behavior back into the pool.
>
>   Again such decisions as to the antisocial concerns you are
>   expressing here
> should be left up the the DNSO GA as a whole, not any subset of
> individuals.

I am informed by the secretariat that this list of excluded
people is an empty set, which does not surprise me at all.
Apparently some people have been removed and told, more or less,
to resubscribe when they decide to behave themselves, which
strikes me as quite reasonable.

I apologize to Elizabeth for anything that might have been read
as implying otherwise.

Beyond that, Jeff, try reading my note, rather than reading into
it whatever amuses you.  The basic premiss behind it (and
several other things I've written recently) is that it is
impossible to conduct meaningful vote-counting when we can't
figure out who is a member or not, and who is real or not.  To
the extent that one doesn't see that as a problem, then you and
your 95K constituents probably each deserve a vote and my
suggestions are just irrelevant.

    john