Re: [ga] GA representation on the Names Council

At 09:49 17/11/99 -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
>I've just realized (being a bit slow) that a lot of the
>frustration that has periodically filled the GA list with noise
>and name-calling is due to the perception that the NC was
>composed of people appointed by Board-authorized constituencies
>and that there was no possibility for people who were not part
>of those constituencies to have a voice.  It it equally clear
>that recognition of the (an) IDNO won't solve the problem --
>someone will always feel left out.
>
>I also realized that this has some similarity to the problem the
>IETF faced some years ago in trying to figure out how to select
>a (quite powerful) nominations committee in an organization that
>has no membership list.
>
>So, a proposal, independent of the chair selection process or
>anything else...

John,

I believe that your proposal is very interesting, but I´m not sure if it is
the time to this kind of proposals now.

I think that the most important is the Chair election and work with the
Chair to improve the GA work in order to give the GA members a useful tool
to propose  and discuss different important DNSO related topics.

I believe that after that, we can discuss if it is necessary to have a
formal representation of the GA in the NC, but let´s see the GA working
better first.

Best Regards,