RE: [ga] Please validate the succession

On 15-Nov-99 d3nnis wrote:
> Dr. Quaynor
>
> The ICANN by-laws state that the GA Chair holds office for one year. You
> are the most recent
> occupant of that office.

I believe that was enacted after he was posted for the Santiago meeting,
and wasn't in place in the bylaws when he was appointed.  I may be wrong
though.  If I am, then I wholeheartedly agree here.  Dr. Quaynor did an
excellent job in Santiago, dispite the disgruntled members of the IP
constituency who didn't like that he didn't succomb to their desires over
the rest of the GA.  In any event, I know many members of the NC were
distressed over his handling of the position in Santiago, for actually
doing the will of the GA rather than following the NC line and the NC
wishes.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934