Re: [ga] nomination procedures

Looking for a natural number greter to one...

What about this:

Each GA member (on the GA list or in the Announcement list) can give
3 votes:
1) I vote for John with 3 points.
2) I vote for Paul with 2 points.
3) I vote for Ben  with 1 point.

From the first round, the 10 most voted candidates (the ones that has got
more POINTS) will go for a second round... in the same fashion:

First vote earns 3 points.
Second option earns 2 points
Third option earns 1 point.

The 2 most voted candidates WILL BE the nominates to be presented
to the NC so they can choose betwen them the next Chair of the GA.

Fair enough ?  Does it follows the rules ? It gives the "choose" option
to the NC ? It prevent the NC to choose someone who doenst have the
STRONG agreement of the GA ?

Regards,

Javier

>> [1] Each GA member casts X votes (that is, one vote for each of X
>> candidates) with preferential weighting (Roberto's proposal)
>
>> [2] Each GA member can vote for as many candidiates as he chooses (my
>> proposal -- it's the system we used to "vote" for the DNSO's ICANN Bd
>> members).
>>
>> 	Can we get a hum from lurking list members?
>>
>> Jon
>>

>> Jonathan Weinberg
>> weinberg@msen.com
>>

>--
>
>A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin@law.tm
>U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
>+1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  http://www.law.tm
>                        -->It's warm here.<--

Javier Rodriguez                     jrl@mail.lima.net.pe
AXISNET                                    VicePresident
Peruvian Association of Internet Users and ISPs
Other duties: ECOMLAC      ISOC -PERU      IPCE