Re: [ga] How hard should it be to get a domain registered? At what point does a ccTLD manager become guilty of abusive behavior?

Dave, Vany,

On the .ke questions, please note from below that the ccTLD admin is Shem
Ochuodho and the one who make the kinds of decisions being referred to.
These are not the Tech POC decisions. It is also quite normal to have Tech
POCs located where bandwidth is readily available, typically outside Africa.
Shem is the in-country admin of .ke and the complainant should contact him
in Nairobi and talk to him about .ke policies and procedures.

Dave's comments are key. Also check rfc 2182, Selection and Operation of
Secondary DNS Servers for details of what Tech POC do on the subject.

Nii

===================from whois====================

Kenya (Republic of) top-level domain (KE-DOM)
   P.O. Box 58638
   Nairobi,
   Kenya
   Domain Name: KE
   Administrative Contact:
      Ochuodho, Shem J.  (SJO2)  shem@ARCC.OR.KE
      +254-2-442121 x335 (FAX) +254-2-447870
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Bush, Randy  (RB366)  randy@PSG.COM
      +1 206 780-0431 (FAX) +1 206 780-0653
   Record last updated on 06-Apr-1999.
   Record created on 29-Apr-1993.
   Database last updated on 14-Nov-1999 12:33:59 EST.
   Domain servers in listed order:
   RIP.PSG.COM                  147.28.0.39
   NS.RIPE.NET                  193.0.0.193
   HIPPO.RU.AC.ZA               146.231.128.1