Re: [ga] How hard should it be to get a domain registered? At what point does a ccTLD manager become guilty of abusive behavior?

Not that Randy is not fully capable of answering, but I'm guessing he has
better things to do on a Saturday night:

At 09:44 PM 11/13/1999 , vany@sdnp.org.pa wrote:
>I would like to ask to Randy Bush what are the technical reasons why he
>requires all those conditions fullfilled in order to delegate a domain.In

1. Pre-installation of the entries avoids lame delegations and the problems
they cause.

2. Independent access paths to independent copies of the entries avoids
outages.

>my country, the ccTLD doesn't asks for such requirements as obligatory and
>they are working fine and delegating domains without problems.

The fact that a bad design hasn't failed yet, does not make it a good design.

>My personal possition about ccTLD administration and operation is that
>both administration and operation must reside within the country to which
>such ccTLD belongs, even if the ones that holds management and/or

Personal opinions are fine, except when one confuses them with management
authority.

It's a lot like confusing the power or authority of RFCs, thinking that a
registry operator is bound only to what is in RFCs.

d/

Dave Crocker                                       Brandenburg Consulting
Tel: +1.408.246.8253          675 Spruce Drive       Fax: +1.408.273.6464
dcrocker@brandenburg.com   Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA    www.brandenburg.com