Re: [ga] My CENSORing Continues, DNSO List Admin. seems blind and deaf

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:44:11PM -0500, Dnsipv6@aol.com wrote, offering
an idea as to why numerous complaints to AOL about recent behavior on
ICANN's ga@dnso.org list, including mail forging, spamming the list, and
other nifty things, had gone unanswered
:
> Chris and everybody else,
>
>   This might be because I have sent in three copies of the DNSO GA
> list members to Abuse@aol.com along with a very nice explanation
> as to why this sort of list games nonsense is occurring.  When it is
> properly corrected, than my BCC'ing or CC'ing those on the DNSO GA
> list will no longer be necessary.  Until than, unfortunately it will.
>
>   So I am sure that all of you are very interested in having this problem
> corrected properly with everyone on the DNSO GA list being able to
> post normally.  It is in your best interest.  >;)
>
> David "Dude" Jenson

Any delay in AOL's response is more likely due to the fact that they're
sadly not quite as quick with the mallet as they used to be.  Of course,
their time and manpower may also be getting wasted by people who send
multiple copies of complaints against large numbers of people, implicating
them in, or accusing them of being a part of, some sort of conspiracy
(fnord!).  I can imagine the investigation of such complaints being a
very tedious (and in most cases, futile) endeavor.

Of course, I say this from the viewpoint of someone who _is_ just here
to help with the process - though I've sent in my unsubscribe request to
the list owners, since it's become quite apparent that nothing productive,
constructive or civil is happening here any more.  I rarely post to the
list, and quite frankly wouldn't know you if you sneaked up and bit me
on the buttocks.

I also say this from the viewpoint of someone who worked with, some years
back, the gentleman who is currently the head of AOL's abuse department.
(He was in an internship program I founded, if I recall correctly.)

Since you've indicated that he's already aware of the situation, and
since your recent messages (this one included) read like some sort of
veiled threat to "sic" his department on the whole lot of us - which
might perhaps find some actual perpetrator, but would in the process
result in the harassment of a large number of absolutely uninvolved
people such as myself and waste huge amounts of AOL's time, manpower
and money - I've taken the liberty of Bcc'ing this message to him.

I hope that through continued dialogue with AOL and the GA list owner,
you are able to resolve whatever your problem is.

-Dan

--
Dan (Shag) Birchall, sysadmin and webslinger.
Hacker ex-slacker hiker 'rycher biker Quaker.