Re: [ga] Since nobody in authority wants to announce it...

--On Tuesday, 26 October, 1999, 19:19 -0700 "Mark C. Langston"
<skritch@home.com> wrote:

> One obvious question:  How'd the PSO elect two Europeans?  I
> thought things had to be regionally exlusive?  Or was that
> just something the NC decided for us as well?

Because the PSO was seen as having some special constraints in
providing people with technical expertise/ perspective for the
Board (and perhaps after examining active participant/membership
lists from IETF and W3C -- I don't recall, if I ever knew), the
geographical distribution requirements for it were written to
permit no more than two people from any one region rather than
any more than one.  At least some of us were surprised that
worked out as two Europeans rather than either two North
Americans or people from three different regions, but that is
the way the voting worked out.

     john