Re: [ga] Privacy and Whois databases

At 12:14 PM 19/10/1999 +0200, Per Koelle wrote:
>On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Peter Veeck wrote:
>
>> Question:
>>
>> If you trademark it can anyone else use it?
>>
>> Peter Veeck
>
>Excuse me. but isnt that a silly question ?
>Even if you have a trademark, say trademark.com, and you
>dont pay your fee to NSI, your DOMAIN will disappear.
>
>Or, have I misunderstood something ?

I think it is a very good question.
It may be that a registry would stop servicing my trademarked domain if I
don't pay the fee, but if I put them on notice that I will vigourously
police my trademark, I don't think they could register it to someone else
in good faith.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/