[ga-watchdog]

[ga-watchdog] Re: FW: Todd's vote on the motions.

You have a further problem, and that is that there is nothing on the
registration page talking about when any motion closes and the
inelligibility of registrations submitted prior to the close of voting. In
fact there is nothing here on the voting process at all. And that is a real
problem.

Todd

ICANN/DNSO

      DNSO General Assembly
      Rules for registering to vote in the General Assembly of the DNSO

----

RULES FOR REGISTERING TO VOTE IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE DNSO

Version 0.3

This version supersedes Version 0.2 2000.GA-voting-registry-v0.2.html dated
19 April 2000.

The following rules are suggested for the initial GA voting roll:

  a.. The DNSO General Assembly is composed of those persons who want to be
members of that assembly. At present, this includes "ex-officio" the
subscribers to the GA-lists, the participants to the DNSO Constituencies and
the participants to the Working Groups.
  b.. A Member has the right to vote in a GA vote.
  c.. All members who wish to vote in a GA vote must register with the GA
voting registry.
  d.. To register, one must send an email to the Keeper of the Voting
Registry (a secretariat function) asking to become a member, and giving:
    a.. First Name
    b.. Last Name
    c.. Country of residence
    d.. Optionally, company affiliation and/or city of residence
    e.. Optionally, constituency memberships (if relevant)
    f.. Email to be used for balloting
  All the information except the email will be made public. A template is
given below; USE THIS.

  e.. The Keeper of the Registry keeps an updated Web page listing all the
Members listed in the voting registry, see:
http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/rosterindex.html
  f.. A Member can be removed from the voting registry by:
    a.. A request from the Member to be removed
    b.. A procedure for dealing with fraudulent registrations (see below).
  g.. A registered Member has the duty to receive GA vote ballots, and to
keep his registration info updated.
The following template is sent to the address ga-voting@dnso.org to apply
for membership:

To: ga-voting@dnso.org

FirstName         : (your First Name here, as you wish it to be written)
LastName          : (your Last Name here, as you wish it to be written)
Country           :
City (OPTIONAL)   :
Company (OPTIONAL):
Constituency (OPT):
Email (NOT PUBLIC):

I wish to be registered in the voting registry of the DNSO GA.
I agree that my name and country of residence, and city, company and
constituency info, if I supplied it, can be made public.

The procedure for dealing with fraudulent registrations is very similar to
that for multiple registrations on the GA discussion list:

  a.. Any GA member who thinks that a registration in the public list is
fraudulent can complain to the GA List Monitor.
  b.. The Keeper of the Voting Registry can forward suspicious-looking
requests for registration to the GA List Monitor.
  c.. The GA List Monitor can investigate the matter further, and if he
determines that the same person is attempting to register more than once,
the extra registration can be removed from the list.
The decisions of the GA List Monitor can be appealed to the GA Chair.

End of included webpage