[ga-udrp]

[ga-udrp] Re: [ga] UDRP TF member

All UDRP fans,

Milton Mueller wrote:

> Please appoint someone from the GA who has
> a law background as well as Internet knowledge.
>
> --Milton Mueller

Procedural,
1. These sub lists must be made to resolve to the GA-full, this is very
bad that they do not, and I speak here as a practicing Internet
historian and researcher.
Legal,
2. In Rem and Res and personal and subject matter jurisdiction ala Erie
Canal & the long island danged railroad applied to the internet and
international treaties. If that is a bad sentence but you get the drift
you are qualified to work on UDRP issues.
Social/policy
3. Techies vs Non-Techies.  We have to find some way to stop this social
antagonism.  I made a post regarding Haralds resigning from the monitor
list.  I got public and private responses, all of which just assumed I
was referring to his stature as a technical expert, I was in fact
referring to his socialogical style but Techies just assumed and jumped
on it. I work with roughly ten techies every day, all within hollarin
distance, I love those guys, and gals. They basically speak in three
foreign languages. So I am fortunate that when they are talking they
have to use Techie talk and then I can understand their conversations.
4. Don't anyone get dissillusioned. Whoever we send to the UDRP deal
will either cave in to the IP interests or get so badly malled that we
will not recognize them as we try to revive them.

Eric

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-udrp@dnso.org list.