[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] Providing a "Nominee" Service

Eric and all,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Should a person have to pay to protect their privacy?  That is a great
> question.

  In some cases, yes they do.  But not where it concerns their credit info,
or business relationship as a customer.  That as you know is canonized
into law ( See Privacy Act).

>  Let me suggest a dot commoner  response: those who can not afford to
> pay do not care.

  I am not sure I agree with this conclusion.  It depends on a number of
circumstances.  Most people are not even aware that their privacy is
being abused.  This happens every day.  As you know through some of
our off-line discussions I have been involved in a number of privacy
related legal challenges that I have brought.  All settled out of court
in MY favor.  And the violators paid a heavy price in each instance.
Some abuses of my or anyone's privacy are overlooked because
they are so silly as to not be realistically taken seriously by any
rational of sane third party.  Hence they are ignored routinely.

>  Hey man people without credit and with no money do not get
> spammed or Junk mail or phone calls during dinner. Interesting truth too often
> over looked is that folks with out money are not bothered by this issue.

  People without ANY money aren't bothered by much of anyone or
anything...  Sad but true...  The homeless are good examples...

> But they still have rights and need to be represnted by a users Constituency

Homelessnet.vn perhaps?  I am sure that there will be a small number
of users in this group.  Maybe a better one would be credit-challanged.org. >;)

> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> You have already indicated the other problem.  Why should a person have
>
> > to go to that additional expense and inconvenience just to protect their
> > privacy?  In a modern society like ours, there should be enough respect for
> > the consumer to require that only information necessary for the effective
> > functioning of the internet be mandatory.
> >
> > All other data should be discretionary i.e. "opt in".
> >
> > I don't see the problem except the minimal cost in registration and the loss
> > of value -- to Registrars -- of the whois data.  As long as it is "across
> > the
> > board" for all registrars, they could just adjust their prices a fraction.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-sys@dnso.org list.