[ga-sys]

Re[2]: [ga-sys] Territorial approach to privacy issues

Hello William,

Wednesday, June 13, 2001, 11:58:29 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:
>> The DO have business gathering the info, Bill.

> Poppycock. Not without my explicit permission to do so, they don't.

You give them permission when you do business with them.

> Trouble is, there is no notice of that. This is not your filming case.
> This
> is unpermitted piracy of information; the customer does not know that
> the events you describe are going to take place.  That is why there is
> the thrust in Congress to prohibit the very thing you think is proper,
> and I think you are going to lose.

Bull.

The customer DOES know if they read the REGISTRATION AGREEMENTS they
are REQUIRED to agree to in order to register a domain name.

If they effectively signed a contract without reading it, tell me, as
an attorney, is not reading the contract before signing it (without
coehersion) a valid defense to the enforcement of that contract?

You and I both know that is not the case.

You try and claim they don't know this is going to happen.

READ THE DOCUMENTS.  It is ALL spelled out, clearly.  The information
becomes freely and publicly available.  It is all in there, Bill.

And it isn't hidden in the fine print.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh