[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] Territorial approach to privacy issues

WXW and all,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello William,
>
> Wednesday, June 13, 2001, 11:58:29 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:
> >> The DO have business gathering the info, Bill.
>
> > Poppycock. Not without my explicit permission to do so, they don't.
>
> You give them permission when you do business with them.

  That does not make it legal or reasonable...

> > Trouble is, there is no notice of that. This is not your filming case.
> > This
> > is unpermitted piracy of information; the customer does not know that
> > the events you describe are going to take place.  That is why there is
> > the thrust in Congress to prohibit the very thing you think is proper,
> > and I think you are going to lose.
>
> Bull.
>
> The customer DOES know if they read the REGISTRATION AGREEMENTS they
> are REQUIRED to agree to in order to register a domain name.

  Yes, and that fact makes their contracts not legally binding as they
unknown to the potential registrant, violates several fair competition
laws, amongst some other contract law provisions as well...

> If they effectively signed a contract without reading it, tell me, as
> an attorney, is not reading the contract before signing it (without
> coehersion) a valid defense to the enforcement of that contract?

  The fact that ALL of the registrars have the same or essentially the same
contracts, makes it coehersion, by default...

> You and I both know that is not the case.

  No not as you couch it, true.  But as I presented it, yes...  (See above)

> You try and claim they don't know this is going to happen.
>
> READ THE DOCUMENTS.  It is ALL spelled out, clearly.  The information
> becomes freely and publicly available.  It is all in there, Bill.
>
> And it isn't hidden in the fine print.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh
> mailto:william@userfriendly.com
> Owner, Userfriendly.com
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
>
> --
> This message was passed to you via the ga-sys@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-sys@dnso.org list.