[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] Registrars want privacy

Hello Joanna,

Friday, May 25, 2001, 4:00:10 AM, Joanna Lane wrote:
> I have nothing personal against Mr Schaetzlein, just questioning the logic
> that advocates a position that he is entitled to have his business contact
> details under password protection while my personal contact details may be
> sold by him or his colleagues for profit to anybody with $10,000 and without
> my knowledge or consent.

Because you are a domain registrant, and that is a requirement of that
privilege.

BTW, under the CURRENT ICANN rules, you CAN opt-out of the bulk whois
database, provided your registrar offers that service.

The Tucows proposal is to make that the default setting.

Great idea, IMO.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh