[ga-sys]

RE: [ga-sys] Registrants Charter - FREEDOMS - Part 1

Hello Joanna,

The problem (and I'm not that far from WXW here) is that the contact
information is required for problem solving, contacting NOCs, etc. No, it
was never designed for individual use and makes inadequate privacy
protections. On that, I agree. However, the new EU privacy protections would
allow many to remove ALL contact information. This is also non-acceptable.
Yes, there WAS no provision for individual anonymity UNTIL the advent of the
ROLE account. So, now we have role accounts and individuals, entering
personal contact data into the whois, either explicitly know what they're
doing or have bad advice.

The ONLY remaining glitch is the registrant data. As I explained to Chris
Ambler, years ago, this is simply taken care of by the paid usage of a PO
box, or MBE account (of which, I have a few, for this purpose).