[ga-sys]

Re: [ga-sys] Denying registry status?

Hello babybows.com,

Tuesday, May 15, 2001, 4:40:32 PM, babybows.com wrote:

> William Walsh writes:  "And my response is that ICANN now has a reason to
> deny registry status to any company based in europe."

> RegistryPro was incorporated in Ireland on February 14, 2000 and has its
> primary location in Dublin, Ireland.

Sounds like they need to lobby their governments to stop passing
stupid unnecessary laws that put them at a competitive disadvantage.

It's really not our problem if a country passes laws that disadvantage
businesses in those countries.

And yes, I support taking a very hardline approach to this issue.

Whois information is and should remain public information, and if you
want to register a domain name, you agree to that information being
publicly available.  If you want to operate a registry, you agree to
making all registrant whois data available.

If you are unable to comply with that, because of your country's laws,
then you need to either move or lobby your government to change their
rules.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh