[ga-rules]

[ga-rules] Re: [ga] observations from the peanut gallery

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:26:53 -0400, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
Subject: [ga] observations from the peanut gallery

> I am not here to nitpick.

Perhaps not.  However, your arguments relate to procedural issues.

> Speaking for myself, I don't see a huge problem in subscribing to ga-rules
> for any discussion of assembly procedures.

Thank you.  Perhaps you would ke kind enough to continue on [ga-rules]?

> I think it is always better to encourage than to dictate.  Therefore, I
don't
> like the wording of the current "motion" that Patrick Corliss is
championing.

The Chair has accepted the motion as worded.  I would be welcome any
improvements in the wording.  Its intention was to move the debate to
[ga-rules].  There is no hidden agenda beyond that.  However, there is a
bootstrapping problem which had to be considered.

We have until October to discuss it further.  I would expect people on this
list to honour the spirit of the motion and discuss possible improvements on
[ga-rules].  The present wording is safe enough in that it includes
reference back to the GA for approval.

Meanwhile, there are much more relevant issues being ignored or sidestepped.

Regards
Patrick Corliss

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.