[ga-rules]

Re: [ga-rules] Re: Definition of Motions & Procedures

Harald and all,

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> --On onsdag, juni 27, 2001 04:25:31 -0700 Jeff Williams

> >> Note that two persons can force a vote here.
> >> This is a basis for a filibuster attack, as well as expensive.
> >
> >   Ho can a filibuster ensue once a vote and ballot is called for?
> > This doesn't make any sense at all Harald...
> >

> Simply introduce and second an amendment.
> Then, once that amendment is voted down, introduce another.
> Repeat until people are tired.
>
> This is a filibuster attack on the main motion

 Not if all debate stops it isn't Harald...  Once debate is stopped
new amendments cease to be introduced.  And the motion
with and/or without amendments is voted upon.  Amendments
may also be voted upon separately.

  We do this all the time within our organization.  Works really
well...

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.