[ga-rules]

Re: [ga-rules] Sheriff or Marshall or Mentor

Eric and all

  I am all for the buddy system as Joanna suggests, but do not believe
it should be a formal or mandatory practice within the DNSO, but rather
should be a voluntary program that the NC and the DNSO GA should
encourage and vote upon as a "Pilot Program" for new participants that
feel they need a "Buddy" and a "Buddy" is available for such voluntary
duty.

  As to your closing comment.  Yes it is unfortunate that we have some
depraved individuals on this and other DNSO forums/ML's that take such
an ugly and Censoring attitude.  It is possible that they more than anyone
is in need of a "Buddy" to help mentor them so they can mend the error
in their ways....   I encourage them to seek that obviously needed
mentor's guidance and counciling.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Joanna's buddy system and my Monitor Mentor system have both floated well.
> So my suggestion is rather than have the monitors constantly involved with
> punitive type actions. Let them work with others. Shucks give them the
> others as an intern.
>
> We cannot rewrite the history of two seperate unnopposed conclusions from
> working groups that education outreach and multilingualism are desirable.
> the only question ever raised was money.  Since the monitors are working
> hard anyway without pay give them someone to work with.
>
> It is a win win, except for those who do not want further participation.
>
> Eric
>
> Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > Too many have *voted to scrap the rules and monitors all together* so I
> > came up with a compromise with real beneficial promise.
> >
> > If you combine the following definitions and then use them with Joanna's
> > recent post regarding my suspension you come up with a great way to
> > monitor - MENTOR.  If a poster gets two complaints within ten days he
> > gets assigned a monitor mentor.  He still gets to post to the GA-FULL
> > but for the main lists he goes through one of the Monitors, mutually
> > agreeable of course. This lasts 48 hours and instead of hurting
> > communication actually fosters it and builds relationships and
> > understanding while not ever really censoring.  One thing I have learned
> > is they really do not like being a prosecutor judge and jury, I think
> > they would all rather help the condemned individual.
> >
> >                     Sheriff;
> >                     from Old English scIrgerEfa,
> >                      from scIr shire + gerEfa reeve -- more at SHIRE,
> > REEVE
> >                      Date: before 12th century
> >                      : an important official of a shire or county
> > charged primarily with
> >                      judicial duties (as executing the processes and
> > orders of courts and
> >                      judges)
> >
> >                     Marshall
> >                      Etymology: Middle English, from Old French
> > mareschal, of Germanic
> >                      origin; akin to Old High German marahscalc marshal,
> > from marah
> >                      horse + scalc servant
> >                      Date: 13th century
> >                      1 a : a high official in the household of a
> > medieval king, prince, or noble
> >                      originally having charge of the cavalry but later
> > usually in command of
> >                      the military forces b : a person who arranges and
> > directs the
> >                      ceremonial aspects of a gathering
> >                      2 a : FIELD MARSHAL b : a general officer of the
> > highest military rank
> >                      3 a : an officer having charge of prisoners b (1) :
> > a ministerial officer
> >                      appointed for a judicial district (as of the U.S.)
> > to execute the process
> >                      of the courts and perform various duties similar to
> > those of a sheriff (2)
> >                      : a city law officer entrusted with particular
> > duties c : the administrative
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827

This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.