[ga-rules]

RE: [ga-rules] Proposal for a Buddy Sytem for new members

Hello Joanna

I have used the buddy/mentor system myself and continue to use it certain
situations.  In some situations it works well.  In the GA I can see some
potential problems.  One of the largest is that those who have the most to
contribute have the least time to devote to such auxicillary pasttimes.
Hence the quality of any such mentoring will be depreciated.  Also, the
basic aim of the of the GA is to bring together people who already have
experience and the knowledge on the subject matter to hand, they should not
need the type of hand holding you are proposing.  The system you are
putting forward would have merit in the AtLarge where experience and
expertise is not a requirement but introducing it here is to lower the
professional standing of this body.  In my mind, the requirements for entry
into this body should be enforced to the degree that if someone posts
consistently with no content of a substantial nature, their posting rights
should be withdrawn.  Instead of lowering the barrier, I believe we should
be raising it.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.

--
This message was passed to you via the ga-rules@dnso.org list.