[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] Re: ICANN Policy -- revised version

Jim and all,

  Good point and ending question here Jim.  As you seem to already
know, most folks are more interested in arguing the political and
"Gaming" aspects of adding additional TLD's to the USG/Legacy
Roots than getting the technical side of things, such as name servers,
prepared and operational.

  I also wonder how long it is going to take the IETF to get DNSext
and DNSSEC ready for prime time?   I feel as though I will
likely be old and gray before these are ready.  :(

Jim Fleming wrote:

> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12215.html
>
> Leaving the "roots" out of it, what about the TLD Clusters ?
> ISPs point directly to the "Best-of-Breed". Note, in the lists
> below, the ISOC/ICANN group seems to have the most
> problem getting anything deployed. Instead, the focus is on
> pre-registrations, lotteries, raffles, etc. Does that speed up the
> process of adding TLDs ?
>
> Also, keep in mind that each of the TLDs below has a growing
> SLD.TLD community. They will collectively not want to see their
> TLD disappear, unless they, themselves, disappear. It seems
> unlikely, the "Best-of-Breed" TLDs will disappear. Again, looking
> at the lists below, has the ISOC/ICANN selection been the
> TLDs with the longest track-record and the most stability ?
> Clearly, the answer is no, some still do not exist.
>
> When will people focus on getting nameservers working ?
>
> Jim Fleming
> http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
> http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
> http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
>
> http://www.name-space.com
> http://www.icann.org/tlds/ads1/NameSpace-gtld-appBP.html
> (* first 20 TLDs)
>
> .SHOP  <<<<<
> .SPACE
> .SEX
> .ART
> .ZONE
>
> .MUSIC
> .ONLINE
> .CONSULTING
> .DESIGN
> .TRAVEL   <<<<<
>
> .MEDIA
> .NEWS
> .DIRECT
> .MAIL
> .WORLD
>
> .MAG
> .AUCTION
> .FREE    <<<<<
> .CAM
> .SERVICE
>
> -----------------------
>
> http://www.New.Net
>
> .SHOP    <<<<<
> .MP3
> .INC
> .KIDS
> .SPORT
>
> .FAMILY
> .CHAT
> .VIDEO
> .CLUB
> .HOLA
>
> .SOC
> .MED
> .LAW
> .TRAVEL   <<<<<
> .GAME
>
> .FREE     <<<<
> .LTD
> .GMBH
> .TECH
> .XXX

> ISOC/ICANN

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827