[ga-roots]

Re[2]: [ga-roots] Alternate Roots, Naming Systems Coming Under Fire

Hello Patrick,

Friday, June 08, 2001, 2:38:03 AM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:51:42 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote
>> Friday, June 08, 2001, 1:42:54 AM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
>>
>> > But at least one ICANN board member, Karl Auerbach, takes a different
> view
>> > on the issue, saying that "there need not be a single uniform namespace
> that
>> > everyone conforms to."
>>
>> Strange, his compadres in the alt.root community on this list don't
>> seem to agree with him.

> Hi William

> Hard to tell, from the quote, who agrees with Karl and who doesn't.  My
> understanding, from previous list discussions, is that most people in the
> alt.root community agree with Karl's paper on Multiple Roots.  I'd ask
> anyone who doesn't to raise their hands.

The ones here seem to think that there must be a uniform "inclusive"
namespace, and not multiple namespaces that are unique to each other.

I believe even you have made that argument.

That is a direct contradiction to Karl's comments, as well as his
writings that he made even before he stood for election to the BOD.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh