[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

Joanna:

If I am not mistaken, all the registrars must adhere to the policies of
ICANN/Verisign wrt escrow of data and rights to data if the registrar fails
or transfers assets...  In that case, it is not the privacy policy of the
registrar that would govern, but the parent contract with ICANN/Verisign.
 I also believe I read in the user agreement at Dotster (and I have not
looked recently) mention of that parent document in its binding policies.

It makes things murkier.

Leah