[ga-roots]

Re: [ga-roots] How the sky might fall

On 00:41 05/06/01, Marc Schneiders said:
>I think all other talk about going elsewhere for root services is bull
>shit. All the ccTLDs can do, is stop paying ICANN. They cannot stop it
>from including them in their root zone.

This is the only issue. And why Staff responded with / accepted to
hear about - apparently without the BoD being aware (?) - the ccSO
concept.

The gTLDs are subject to a contract with the  iCANN and pay
to be on the a-root. The iCANN try to get a contract with the
ccTLDs and there are on the a-root by iCANN necessity.

All boils down to Mike Roberts'  K$ 50. Would the iCANN have
carry its job as a per a decent reading of the WhitePaper/ByLaws
getting sponsoring as an educational, research or charity service
to the community and made TLD registration paid at cost ($ 20
as documented by the Linux community) it would financially
flourish and none of the current problems would exist. But they
would hire a root Manager not an assistant to Louis Touton.

IMHO all that legal costs results from the set-up of the iCANN
based upon a misunderstanding of the NameSpace by the DoC.
This is only a transitory situation. So we should do nothing
to stabilize the current situation and work towards a consensual
solution rather than fueling a oudated religion war.

The Country Club should bring us that. Its SO version is
probably not the best formula, but it can be a very good
negociation asset.

Jefsey