[ga-roots]

RE: [ga-roots] Re: New.Net-WhitePaper

At 20:56 03.06.2001 -0700, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> > Interesting that new.net has indicated it will participate in the next
> > round of TLD submissions from ICANN and that ICANN appears to have
> > confirmed that no special priority will be given to any existing client
> > base in any other root in the process.
>
>I'm not certain where you are seeing such an indication.
Both statements were made at the ICANN public forum on Sunday evening; the
first one by the new.net representative and the second one by the Tucows
representative (and apparently confirmed by the board).

I applaud the courage of the new.net representative in coming here and
trying to defend his company's actions. He seems to have learned a few
things about what arguments he could use, even while receiving a very
negative reception.